My notes from Best Practices for Landing Pages Pubcon with Tim Ash 1.4 at Pubcon
– Sometimes ask the minimum.
– What’s the call to action?
– Let them download.
– Don’t ask for crap you don’t need.
– TOO MUCH TEXT
– Increase conversion and comprehension by decreasing text.
– Keep your promises.
— If I offer free search keep it free.
– Matching visitor intent will yield the highest conversion.
– Rotating banners are distractions and stop doing that shit.
– Increase trust on the homepage.
– Reduce the number of choices on the page and make the call to action standout.
– Keep key messages above the fold.